Saturday, December 13, 2008

This here song is not about shagging. It's about death.

Once again, I feel like my consciousness is behind the curve somehow. Like the Pattern has been altered, unbeknownst to me, the changes not even set in motion as much as already set in stone. Except it's only now that these ripples start reaching my shadow, rearranging the landscape with all the subtlety of breaknig bones to reset them. And they're never announced - true to form, it feels like it had always been that way, except I remember certain areas not hurting at all before, while other trains of thought that felt like a stab to the chest, now offer safe passage and comfy seating.

Having your neural structure cracked, bent, and molded into a new shape isn't exactly the greatest of sensations, but I have a feeling it's for my own good. A pre-emptive measure taken against the Logrus tsunami approaching from the opposite direction. Making sure that by the time it reaches me, everything will mesh with its imprint as much as possible. Cause the Logrus doesn't do ripples, it just slams into you, cutting off or bashing in whatever doesn't fit.

Anyone who's made it past that nugget deserves a reward, so here's a nice song. This girl's a bit uncanny from my perspective: I don't really like either of her albums that much, but somehow she surfaced during two (out of four, so far) of my howling phases, each time providing the soundtrack. And frankly I don't mind, cause the songs are very good, and she's terribly likeable (also, the intro to that one is mindblowing). So anyway, here's Mr. King. I love how she emotes it, especially starting from the words "Wintertime was hell, but it was fun... " The wistfulness is so palpable you can almost see her smiling.

No comments: