Friday, December 19, 2008

Stop, drop, and ponder

Sometimes, when my mind wanders, I get a sudden flashback of some totally embarassing moment of my life. The sensation is usually so strong I actually cringe, or groan, and immediately try to "change the subject" in my head. Over time I've learned that it helps to just say some fairly complex word*. Even if the miniscule amount of focus it requires to pronounce it doesn't snap me out of it, the sheer stupidity of doing so usually does.

Today, this happened while I was in the shower. Now, the shower is a special place where I get visited by God. Seriously, the kind of crap that just magically pops into my head when I'm in the shower... it's unbelievable. So, there I am, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I get an episode, and find myself instinctively groaning out:

The off-chance of off-chancing I am not even romancing

Yeah. Having read all that you might find yourself saying: Why Wojtek! I never suspected that beneath this sheen of polished turd lurks such a basket case! Well, editorial You - neither did I.

* somehow I always end up with sanatorium or lokomotywa, which is locomotive in Polish (surprise)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nie spodziewałam się aż takiej basket case, ale muszę tu wyznać, że ja też zawsze doznaję iluminacji pod prysznicem. Może coś siedzi w wodzie.

thirdperson said...

Albo w szamponie