Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Morgueaine

About a year ago, Yssy gave me a lampshade with my favorite Buffy picture. I love it to bits, but the problem was, apart from the bathroom, my house has no overhead lighting. The wiring's all there, but somehow we never got around to getting any fixtures.

While I was away, mother decided to fix that and installed the BuffyLight in my bedroom. But since, according to her, a regular lightbulb made it look like crap, she fit it with a low-output, blue-tinted one that gives off... well, technically speaking, it has to be light, I guess, but it's really stretching the term to its limits. I'd say it's more of an aura of nascent CGI eye-candy. Coupled with the fact that at some point, a crack in one of my walls was covered with a huge, blue Indian spread that's been described as an inter-dimensional portal waiting to be opened, my bedroom's turning into quite the SciFi Channel Movie of the Week set.

No comments: