Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Counterspell

I had my last wisdom tooth extracted today. Finally. That makes four, since last winter. Which means I spent over a year constantly looking forward to having my teeth pulled.

As I laid in the chair, I sought something to distract me from what was about to happen, and in desperation started just recalling random images of the Scotsman. Worked like a charm, I barely even noticed when it was over.

During a recent chat with Karolina I reached the conclusion that I'm actually a closeted Polyanna - determined to find a plus side even when confronted with a negative sphere. I do, however, recognize that this search is probably best postponed until such a time when the relevant stimuli are no longer capable of competing with the fact that someone's hacking away at your face with a chisel.

No comments: