Monday, November 24, 2008

Razorslide

I'm used to being unable to utter a single original thought in certain situations. I find it very frustrating, but it's a devil I know. However, I've never been painfully awkward on a tight schedule. Apparently, this sort of pressure-cooker environment results in an expanse of dumbstruck silence concluded with a dazzling verbal sepuku. And so, today I found myself suddenly saying - as in: outloud - "Thank God, I felt so guilty for dragging you all the way here basically just so I could stock up on jerk-off material." To an actual human person.

He laughed, I think - can't say for sure, as the moment I said it my brain froze in horror - but I've never seen anyone in such a hurry to get back to Jersey. Then again, I've never seen anyone on their way back to Jersey, period, so maybe the NSA won't come in the night to neuter me after all.

No comments: