Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pickled ginger

About to leave for the airport. Looking forward to 12 or so hours in transit. Well, not really, but I'm not too worried about it either - the upside of scouring the smoky side of the emotional spectrum is that boredom's just not an issue.

My last memory of D.C. will probably be taking a short walk to an ATM a block away. Empty streets, a warm-ish breeze, Natalie Merchant's Carnival, and a pretty surprising sense of comfort. I know I can't be liking Washington more than New York - there are laws against that sort of thing - so it's probably the beachhead/safe haven effect.

This one's got proto-tendrils of thought shooting out in all directions, but none of them's giving me anything tangible enough to write down, so this half-assed impression will have to suffice.

No comments: