Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wholesale

I've a bug infestation in my kitchen. I think I've seen a roach (albeit a small one), some ants, and something about halfway between the two. I reacted with what seems to have become my default response to life's nuissances: resignation laced with a sense of injustice. "I just don't have the mental or emotional resources to be dealing with this right now". Today I finally went shopping and bought some weird cubes of boric something or another that I'm supposed to leave all over the kitchen. The package has this comforting, industrial, DDRish look, which gives me hope. No bright colors, no fancy pictures, just blocks of text, all yellow and black. Because genocide is no laughing matter.

There was another storm today. I don't think we've had a single day without one over the last week. I was walking back home from lunch as the skies darkened and the wind started gathering strength. Always a smell the roses moment for me.

There was this quote... something about life being all the stuff that happens between the noteworthy moments. I think I'm slowly maturing into that school of thought, and it seems that way comfort lies. Barring any paradigm shift (and the only one I can think of is having a kid, so.... yeah) this seems to be the proverbial it. Get a place. Make ends meet. When in doubt - treat yourself to some sour jellybeans. I have a nagging feeling that this realization (or delusion, take your pick) should come as a disapointment, but... not so much. Stuff seems fairly groovy, in a restrained, Canadian anarchist kind of way.

I guess I'm having some sort of not-quite-midlife anti-crisis.

5 comments:

Ana said...

life Jimmy, you know what that is? it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for the moments that never come.

Lester, The Wire season 5 if I remember correctly.

tutaj też padało, jak zresztą doniosłam na fejsbuku i gg. GDZIE ŁAZISZ?

reeling and writhing said...

I feel your pain, ale: w Sezamie można kupić niemieckie bodajże płytki na karaluchy i inne pełzaki. Położyć w przewiewnym miejscu w korytarzu i nigdy nie zobaczysz robali ponownie.

jaarr. said...

it's season 3, ana. when jimmy sees the photo of beadie on the fridge. much to learn you have.

thirdperson said...

:D

Ana said...

screw you :)