Thursday, July 9, 2009

Open'er and other festivals

Back from the coast, with somewhat mixed feelings. It was probably my last Open'er (unless the lineup is totally stellar - never say never and all that). Too much of a hassle for too small a gain, at least music-wise. I was only actually having a good time for a few moments during Santigold's set. Otherwise it was a world of meh tempered with hysteria (Crystal Castles, what the fuck?)

...

Aaand I drifted off to do other shit on the Internet. Writing in English still doesn't come naturally. Anyway, there were several surprises. For one, it was probably one of the most effortless group holidays EVER - at least that's how something in my brain chooses to remember it. We had this easygoing cameraderie, and things just flowed naturally. And most of the time I felt perfectly content with where I was at the moment, which is a new development - I usually keep wondering what's going on with the OTHER groups, regret not staying up with the rest, or resent not having the good sense to turn in when I should have. Yet for some reason during this weekend, I felt equally at ease surrounded by friends as I did making my way home by myself (I was usually the first one to call it a night).

But probably the most interesting - at least to me - part of this weekend was that I returned home yearning for a real vacation. Like... at a lake. Or in the mountains. Or something. I don't think I've done that in... well, years. Ten, maybe more.

I won't write about the obvious stuff, because I beat that horse to death in actual conversation, and I won't write about the less obvious stuff, because I just unloaded that part on an unsuspecting victim. So thank you for reading my Open'er odds-and-ends presentation, and good night.

No comments: