Monday, April 5, 2010

Bird's Eye

I had a bizarrely unpleasant learning experience recently - namely I came to realize how difficult it is to unequivocally relinquish something, even if you're not really interested in having it. It really caught me off guard and completely shut down my brain, leading to general unpleasantness and a bout of self-loathing. On one hand it kind of gives me insight into why certain situations in my life developed the way they did. On the other - it's certainly not the sort of insight that might result in empathy. Yes, it's human, but it's also low and ugly.

On the other end of the scale, I was also the recipient of a very clever and sweet romantic gesture straight out of a decently written romcom. Something from Sandra Bullock's oeuvre, maybe.

So there it is, the yin and yang of random encounters.

No comments: