Sunday, February 23, 2014

Repent

I went on a blind date. It was arranged by a committee headed by a girl I've never met in my life, who knew the other guy, somehow learned of my existence, and took it upon herself to hook us up. She's also a staunch Catholic, and while masterminding the whole deal she would sometimes take the time to say that she can't talk about it too much, or she'll have to go to confession. I am not making this up. It was reason #2 for why I went along with it. Reason #1 being my new motto: Beautiful People Say Yes. I took it from a David Guetta* number. Which tells you everything you need to know about the extent of my decline.

The guy turned out to be very nice and kind of handsome and (I think) into me. I turned out to be dead inside. Ana claims that the one thing he was missing was unavailability, but what does she know, stupid Ana, she's not the boss of me.

There is some truth to it, but I feel it isn't the whole truth. And I'm clinging to that, desperately.

* well ok, Sia, but the association still stings

No comments: