Saturday, October 6, 2012

Glaciers

Two days ago I saw this cute - in a slightly gangly, academic sort of way - guy dining alone at my regular lunch place, reading a book on church-state relations from the Middle Ages to the Enlightenment. I ogled him for a while (had to, really, to make out the title of the book), but I think it's fair to say that we peaked, contact-wise, when he glanced at me just in time to see a piece of cucumber fall out of my mouth.

Today I bumped into him again - this time with something Antiquity-related, though the font was too small for me to make out the specifics.

The overall set-up is pretty dismal, since we're both in our own separate bubbles, gobbling down food and reading our history books, but if I see him 50 more times, I'm totally casually dropping "So how about them crazy Prince-Bishops of Mainz, eh?" or some equally sizzling chat-up line.

In other news - I have a new passport, a new credit card, a new phone, and Esthero has a new album coming out. So let's drink to that.

No comments: