Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Huh

Several days ago, I suddenly remembered these kids I used to play with when I was little. They were mostly older than me, and I liked them all very much. I remembered this one boy in particular, whom I used to tease quite a bit. It was all good-natured (and still is, most of the time), and everyone would laugh at the jokes, but if I pushed it too far, he'd threaten to hit me. Laughing, as well, but also annoyed. And if I pushed it still - he would hit me. On the arm, usually. I remember knowing that, and still going in for the kill most of the time, if a proper setup emerged. And then laughing over the pain. I just couldn't help myself.

His older brother would often stop him from hitting me - sometimes because he enjoyed the jokes, other times because we were usually playing cards, or something, and this routine interrupted the gameplay. There were also times when I'd get hit even if I resisted the urge - when the leitmotif was already so strong that it only took me suddenly bursting into laughter for the other kids to figure out the new angle and start laughing themselves.

I have no idea why I remembered all that all of a sudden, but it's a very pleasant memory. And somewhat informative.

2 comments:

Darq said...

I'll remember that for our next round of BSG.

Ana said...

I shall beat you repeatedly with a bag of carrots