Sunday, June 13, 2010

Heatwave

I hate this blistering heat. I'm completely useless during the day, barely scrounging up enough energy for cooling efforts, and then in the evenings I get inexplicably horny, which is equally bothersome.

But you do what you can to alleviate the situation. Yesterday, I went for short evening stroll, which turned into a very long evening stroll all the way to Filip and Natalia's place. I didn't get winded at all, it cleared up my headache almost instantly, and I was really quite elated until I stopped at their door to buzz them and for the first time felt what several kilometers covered at a brisk pace do to sandaled feet. It wasn't pretty, but the evening itself was. Managed to completely ignore the last 15 minutes of some soccer game and relax in choice company.

And tonight Darek suddenly popped out of the blue saying he was going for a joyride around the city and asking if I wanted to come with. Which of course I did, especially since it was raining. The minute I sat down in the car I felt drunk on life, and started babbling uncontrollably. I don't really know where we went, but at one point I saw a sign saying "Warsaw - 30km", so we must have crossed city limits at least once. The rain was pouring, there were no people around, and things were good, in general.

Which is the thought I'm taking to bed with me. Good night.

No comments: